SEA Beauty Secret : Hibiscus and Pandan Hair Mask


I went out this morning, and found some hibiscus flowers in my mini garden. So I planned to make hibiscus hair mask for today. And walking beside a pandan container reminded me of the idea that I just thought yesterday, which is making a pandan-hibiscus hair mask. 

Hibiscus and Pandan Mask
So I prepared my hibiscus hair mask. I blended 3 pandan leaves with a little water and strained the pandan juice. I then took the strained juice and and mix it with hibiscus hair mask. The remaining pandan leaves paste/particles on the strainer I added in the body scrub. (I used 3 hibiscus flowers and 3 pandan leaves of 20 cm length). You can also blend hibiscus flower and pandan leaves together with some water (enough to cover your hair).


Applying the hair mask on my scalp, I feel a very cooling experience. My hair also smells of pandan. It is so refreshing, and cooling especially during hot weather. I am keeping it for a few hours and will update when I washed my hair...

An update - The next day
The Result...
I kept the mask on my hair about 5 hours long. But I think 1 hour or half an hour may already be effective. My hair became softer and smoother. It is also lighter and has more volume. It also smells good (pandan smell). I am satisfied with the result. Therefore pandan is officially added into my 'natural ingredients for beauty' group along with hibiscus, aloevera, coconut and such. =)

The Benefits of Pandan and Hibiscus Hair Mask
I also searched about the benefits of Pandan leaves to the hair in the internet and found out points as below.

Eliminate dandruff
Pandan leaves can be used to eliminate dandruff by applying pandan leaves paste onto the scalp for about 30 minutes before washing it with water or shampoo. The full instruction can be found from this site.

Blacken Hair
Boiled pandan water can be used to blacken the hair. The instruction I found from here and here. Well I think I can suggest this to my aunt. When I have tried this I will update the result here. 

Great for anxiety and stress (less stress may lessen hair loss)
I have my own experience with stress. High stress made my hair become thinner (caused by uncontrollable hair fall). So when I read that Pandan tea may reduce stress and anxiety I think it is also related and give benefit to hair indirectly. 

Prevent hair loss
Pandan leaves can also be used as an effort to prevent hair loss. It is done by mixing it with hibiscus, rose flowers, false daisy leaves and a few more ingredients. The recipe is here. Lots of ingredients are used, which most of them are well known for their benefits to hair. 

I have never thought that pandan leaves are good for hair.  There are lots of use of this plant that I already know such as for making desserts and kueh such as this onde-onde, adding fragrance to rice and meats such as nasi lemak, as cockroach repellent (my aunt always put pandan leaves in the wardrobes and drawers for this purpose), food coloring, used as air freshener in wardrobes, and making jamu. And now I have learned and experienced its benefits to hair. Maybe I will add more pandan plants in my small garden. Maybe 1 or 2 pots more. ;)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Rice Turmeric Scrub 2

Brazilian Spinach : How To Care