Asian Beauty Secret : Hibiscus Hair Mask


I have a cousin. He is older than me. When I was small, he is already working, and he is a tailor. One thing my aunt always tells me about him is how he did not use shampoo on his hair. Well it is hard for us to do it because we usually worry if we don't apply shampoo, our hair will be in mess. But this cousin of mine doesn't feel the same.

He takes good care of his hair by shampooing with the liquid produced by hibiscus leaves and flowers. I call it hibiscus juice. He took a few leaves and flowers, and when he about to apply shampoo he crushed the leaves and flowers by using hand and applied the liquid onto his hair. Until today his hair is shiny and not yet graying.

Influenced by my aunt's story I also apply those hibiscus juice onto my hair. As hair mask. Because at that time I have yet to find a shampoo to prevent my hair loss problem. Recently I think I found one, but I already liking the hibiscus hair mask.


Hibiscus flower I picked with some Chinese chives. 
Methods of Obtaining Hibiscus Juice
I love simple method with less effort so I resort to my own method squeezing the liquid out of the flower. And I just use flower. I put the flowers in a warm water and squeeze it a little. Then I leave it. After 15 minutes I get the liquid and apply it on my hair. After an hour or sometimes in the next morning, I rinse it with water.

Put hibiscus flower in warm water.
Benefits of Hibiscus Hair Mask
This hibiscus hair mask prevent hair loss and result in smoother hair. When I apply the mask often my hair become smoother and lesser hair fall. It also gives cooling effect when I apply it on my head. Plus it is super easy to make. I also like to apply aloe vera hair mask. I have yet to try water spinach mask that is said to make your hair smooth, or onion juice.

Squeeze the liquid out lightly and leave for 15 minutes.

Hibiscus Juice 

Other natural remedies for hair care that we can try : 

Aloevera 
for dandruff and hair fall control, 
and healthy looking hair

Water spinach 
for soft hair

Onion juice 
for hair growth

Rice water 
for soft and light hair

Rose water 
for smooth and soft hair and hair fall control

Coconut oil 
plus lime juice for soft shiny hair and prevent graying

Olive oil and coconut oil 
for frizz problem and soft shiny hair

Coconut cream and lime juice 
for straighter hair

Mayonnaise 
for straighter hair










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Rice Turmeric Scrub 2

Brazilian Spinach : How To Care

SEA Beauty Secret : Hibiscus and Pandan Hair Mask